Sunday, September 14, 2014

SNEAKERS: Lebron 11 Low "China Pack"

I'll be honest, I was a little disappointed with the Lebron 11.  Not because it was a bad shoe, in fact I thought it to be an awesome model (I owned the "King's Pride") and would rate it my 2nd favorite Lebron signature shoe behind the Lebron 9.  My disappointment stemmed from the fact Lebron himself didn't like wearing it on the court and opted for the Soldier 7.  Disappointment quickly turned into excitement when I saw the line up of colorways for the Lebron 11 Low, specifically the "USA" or "Independence Day".  But when I saw the China Pack version, it just blew my mind and as you can see, I had to have it.



Similar to the Kobe 9 China Pack, the box is standard, nothing special
FIT:  These are true to size and will accommodate those with wide feet nicely.  I don't think you'll need to buy a half size larger to compensate for the width but it's always recommended to try it on for size and comfort before purchasing.

PLAYABILITY:  I haven't played in the Lebron 11 Lows and these specifically will probably not see the playing side of a basketball court anytime soon as I see challenges in cleaning these.  All I can say is that these will probably perform just like the low versions of the Lebron 9 and 10 given that, to my slight disappointment, they STILL all share the same mid sole and cushioning design.


As I had mentioned earlier, I think these will be a nightmare to clean especially if dirt (or some colored liquid drink like Gatorade) gets to the inside of the mesh upper.  Other than that, this is a gorgeous shoe.  I like the lion head lace locks and the gold accents on the crown of the Lebron logo.  The aglets, which I don't have a picture of, are gold as well.  Really cool! (It also comes with an extra set of blue laces)


Similar to the Kobe 9 China Pack colorway, the Lebron 11 Low has its share of design details that are simply awesome.  There are dragons and tigers incorporated into the overall design which is made to look like a Ming Dynasty vase.



More subtle, yet striking details on the shoe.  It doesn't have the embossing like the Kobe 9 but it's a great contrast between the two signature lines and it definitely holds its own in terms of design details.  Kudos again to the Nike designers!


If you told me I had to choose between the Kobe 9 and Lebron 11 Low China Pack colorways, I would probably pick this one.  No real substantial reason except for the fact that I like that the Lebron 11 has tigers on it and I was born on the Year of the Tiger.  I'm not crazy about the icy blue soles since I know they will yellow in time but it still won't stop me from diggin' this shoe.  Till my next post.  Thanks, everyone!   

No comments:

Post a Comment