Thursday, September 11, 2014

ART: Michael Jordan (Toros, Breds and Tokyos)

The great thing about drawing (art in general) is you can create things that may not have existed in the real world.  I'm a huge Michael Jordan fan.  No one can deny his greatness and impact on the world of sports as well as sports marketing.  For the record, I'm a die hard Lakers fan and hated his "Airness" in 1991 when he dismantled my team to win his first NBA title.


Being a "sneakerhead", I was always curious how MJ would have looked in the different versions of his signature shoes that didn't necessarily make it on the court during his playing days.  Here he is in the AJ 4 "Toro Bravos", AJ 11 "Breds" and AJ 5 "Tokyo 23".  The original picture had him wearing the AJ 5 "Home" colorway.  Okay, the "Breds" definitely were on his feet as he claimed title number four and is probably the greatest basketball shoe ever designed in my humble opinion. (Tinker Hatfield is DA MAN)  What do you think of the other two?  Till my next post.  Thanks, everyone!       

No comments:

Post a Comment